My Blog List

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

blog1 the cave and i

 
When I was little, I believed that I would live with my parents forever and they would give me everything I need.  I thought that they would protect me from everything. That is what I believed until I left my country and lived in New York City. Leaving my parents for a long time was the first time in my life.  The first few months. I thought that I would return to my country after one year. However, as I stayed in New York longer, the situation has been changed. I transferred from the college I went to in my country to the City University of New York.  I realized that maybe there would be no chance to live with my parents again, because, I am already the age of an adult, and I have a dream for my future job. To achieve my dream, I have to stay in New York longer than I expected. I also see many people who are the same age as me, they no longer live with their parents anymore as they think they are grown-ups. They were all ready for being independent except me. The whole situation made me realize that everyone had to leave their family someday. I really felt sad about it. I think I am not ready to accept the fact that maybe I cannot live with my parents and they cannot help me forever. When I imagine that my life with my parents was the last period of time to live with them, it makes me feel weird and sorrowful. But, I had to overcome the situation I faced and be realistic. The feeling I had was not helpful for me and for me parents. To be able to independent, strong, and get rid of the sadness, I kept saying to myself that this was the lives of many people.
 From what i recall, I think I used to believe I was in a small cave, which at that time i did not realize. In my opinion, my personality possibly makes me live in a cave, too. I am very introspective, so i do not enjoy meeting new people. I only hang out with close friends. I think I just live in my small society. That personality makes my own cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment