My Blog List

Monday, October 31, 2011

essay 1

During we live in our life, people always live in an illusion that is either people make, or made by someone else. they believe that the illusion is totally true, but once they experience the outside of their illusion and find out that the real fact, there always are two consequences come with the truth. In the Plato’s excerpt, ”The Allegory Of The Cave,” the result was an utopian world. Even if people felt painful at the first time, they soon will be well-adjusted to a better life that they have never experienced before. However,  In The Matrix, Neo went through a miserable reality and that gave him a suffering result. As I think about two stories, I strongly believe that the consequence of dystopian world is more accurate than the happy and bliss result.
Not only The Matrix has an desperate truth, but also another story Oedipus The King has a similar content that supports The Matrix. Oedipus also had an illusion that he made. That was that he was the great king of Thebes undoubtedly and he deserves to have all of these honorable positions and govern his people and land. He also believed that he got away from his fate by making his free will. He had been living well until he realized that he already lived in his unavoidable fate. As a result of his fate, his reality turned out to be terrible. To avoid his curse of his destination, he tried harder, but he still met the dystopian world(1237). Eventually, he lost everything. Not only he lost material wealth, but he also lost his biological mother, or wife, make himself a blind, he ran away from his land, and he ended up with his life(1805).
Historically, there were people who used to live in an illusion of their world, but end up with a miserable situation. Amazon river is the world’s most gigantic and important river. Near the Amazon river, some groups of people who were named Amazon Indian lived. People did not know the existence of them. They were totally separated from outside of world. They never had any ideas except them. For them, their illusion was that their life and the world is the only one and there were nothing happening outside the world. Their life was happy and normal. As time passes, outside of people noticed that some people were living in the area of Amazon and they revealed Amazon Indians. Some Amazon Indians went to the outside of world, but they were panic about people of outside. Later, Amazon Indians had so much suffering because of the world which was all about pollution, noisy, and poverty problems. The truth was desperate for them. It was better for them not to know the reality.
In my experience, I also can prove the reality is worse. I used to believe that my parents always would support me and live together forever when I was young. However, as I grew up and especially as I live in the America by myself for the first time, I found out that someday, parents and children would have time to be separated and the children would be independent. The more I realized and knew the truth, I suffered by the fact. I even felt fearful about how I was going to earn money and support myself. The result was ugly.
I know that some people disagree with my idea. They may say that the reality could be a bliss. However, I strongly point out that many situations including the past historical experiences, and my own experience mostly turned out to be dystopian world.

No comments:

Post a Comment